Thursday 3 May 2012

EOTD: Tropical Punch

On my doorstep when I got home tonight was the no name 120 shadow palette I bought off of Ebay, just over a week ago, for a grand sum of $11.88 including postage. I figured that for that price, it wouldn't really worry my too much if some or most of the palette was a dud. I had heard that they were exactly the same as the Coastal Scents and Manly palettes, but without the branding on them. I can't attest to that, as I don't own a palette from either of those brands, but I was definitely pleasantly surprised! The shadows seem pretty pigmented and some of the colours were so insanely pretty (even though there are about four of the same shade of forest green).

Once I'd given the palette a good once over, I truly couldn't wait to use it, but had so much trouble picking out colours (did I mention there are 120?). I decided to do something fun and colourful, because I've never really owned some of the out there colours that are contained in the palette. This was the end result:

I used a pastel yellow for the lid, lime green for the outer crease, teal for the inner, hot pink for the outer end of the lower lash line, purple for the inner lower lash line and a shimmery white for the inner corner. I lined with Prestige Liquid Liner in black and used Maybelline Falsies mascara.


Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. Oooo...this is soooo pretty! Love the color combo! Thanks for following my blog Luv...I really appreciate it! XO :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I got the same eyeshadow palette as you,was bought on Ebay for Christmas and has 120 different shades in it and only cost something like a fiver? I agree that the colours are lovely and pigmented but I don't find myself using it that much,I must start again :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...