Saturday 2 June 2012

May Favourites!

This is my very first monthly favourites post, which is kind of exciting. I was hesitant to do one (last month and this month), because my favourite products tend to stay the same and I can be a bit of a creature of habit. This month, however, I have been using some new products, or have fallen back in love with some old loves, so I thought I would share them with you. 







My first favourite is the Cetaphil Moisturising Cream. I bought this recently because my skin was becoming very dry with the cold weather, and my usual moisturising routine for when my skin is oilier just wasn't giving me the moisture I needed. I'd heard good things about the Cetaphil range, so I got the enormous 550g tub for around $18, and it doesn't disappoint. I will be doing a full review on this soon, so stay tuned.



Next is my NARS Sheer Glow foundation in Deauville. Again, because my skin was becoming drier, I wanted to use something less matte than what I had been. This foundation is so lovely, and leaves a really natural finish, even when I build it up for fuller coverage on my bad skin days. It also stays put very well.



I've been wearing MAC lipstick in Hue at least two or three times a week since I won it in Lauren from By Lauren Jane's giveaway (you can see my post on the giveaway here). This is a pretty big deal, as I don't usually wear a lot of lip products.




Another lip product that I have been wearing a lot this month is the Revlon Lip Butter in Macaroon. This was from another giveaway I won from Claire at You Little Beauty (check out my post here). It's a cool toned raspberry shade with a subtle shimmer, which isn't too overwhelming for everyday wear.



I've been using Moroccan Oil for nearly 12 months now, and sort of felt like it wasn't doing too much for me anymore. I decided to give my hair a bit of a break from it last month and started using it again this month and am glad I did. Having a break meant that my hair was less resistant to it and I was seeing the results that I experienced when I first started using it. There's a reason this is such a cult product in the beauty world. 



My favourite this month for nails has been OPI's William Tell Me About OPI. I can't really go past it for a cold weather color. It's such an interesting colour too, which I love.



Last but not least isn't technically a beauty product, but is something I have been using non-stop this month (and may possibly be improving my health and appearance indirectly). It's The Aromatherapy Co. Sleep Pulse Point concoction that I received in the April GlossyBox. I don't really have any difficulty falling asleep and wasn't 100% convinced of the powers of essential oils in helping me sleep, but decided to try this out for a while anyway to see if it did anything. I was quite surprised to find that whenever I used it, I would have the most deep and uninterrupted sleep. Without it I would wake up multiple times during the night, but using this, I will wake up maybe once. I didn't  think anything of waking up in the middle of the night before, but since using this I have felt so much better rested. I can't explain how much better I feel during the day. Now I'm considering buying the Stress one to try, to see if it helps with the little bit of seasonal anxiety I get during the colder months. 

3 comments:

  1. Oooh I will HAVE to try that Sleep Pulse Point Oil!!! :)

    Hayley
    http://makeupmoviesandmore.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I love Nars sheer glow we are the same shade! it's such a nice foundation. Hue looks like a really nice shade as well, I love this post!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...