Sunday 1 July 2012

Ulta3 Mini Haul and Swatches

Today was a good day for me shopping wise. Not only did I pick up some lovely products that I am excited to try out and review for, I also managed to stumble upon these Ulta3 polishes in Coles for 50 cents. Ulta3 are my favourite cheap nail polish brand by far, so I went rummaging through the bin like a mad person. They  are incredibly well priced usually, at around the $2 mark, but I was so excited to see them for even cheaper.


As you can see from the picture, all of the colours I got are in the red/pink/purple family, because they were really the only colours they had left. That was fine by me, as I have very few reds in my collection.
In person, these colours probably look closer to how they look in the top photo of the bottles than the one I have swatched for you above. The top three are definitely much darker than this picture shows. All of these were opaque and streak free with only 2 coats. 

  • Pepper Pot - In the bottle looks like a very dark brown burgundy colour. On the nail the burgundy doesn't translate, and it looks mostly like a dark red.
  • Flashback Fuchsia - A deep very red toned purple
  • Sunset Pink - Not remotely pink. A red toned purple, similar to Flashback Fuchsia but a couple of shades lighter. This reminds me a bit of OPI's Miami Beet, except it dries to a demi-matte finish without a top coat.
  • Pink Colada - This is a pretty, almost raspberry shade of dark pink and my favourite so far.
  • Tangelo - A fluorescent pinky orange. This looks very close to the Ulta3 polish I showed in a post a while back called Carrot Top (you can check it and my other Ulta3 polishes out here).
If anyone knows of any other good cheap nail polish brands, please please please let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Tangelo looks fab! Great colour for summer! Would look lovely with a tan! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...